350g Gluten Free Brown Rice Flour
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
2tsp Ground Ginger
1tsp Ground Cinnamon (I used Nutmeg as I couldn't find the Cinnamon)
125g Unsalted Butter
175g Light Soft Brown Sugar
1 Free-Range Large Egg
4 tbsp Golden Syrup
Writing Icing Pen Pack
Silver Ball Balls
1. Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon and pour into a bowl. Add the butter and blend until the mix looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
2. Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together, add to the bowl and mix until the mixture clumps together. Tip the dough out, knead briefly until smooth, wrap in clingfilm and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
4. Roll the dough out to a 0.5cm in thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using cutters, cut out the gingerbread men shapes and place on the baking tray, leaving a gap between them. For decorations, use a skewer to make a small hole in the top of each biscuit.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling. When cooled decorate with the writing icing and silver ball balls.
If you have any favourite Christmas Bake Recipes then leave a link below for me to check it out.
Yummy in my tummy,