Subscribe by email

Follow

Friday, 31 July 2015

TUTORIAL | 'No Make Up' Look

I don't know about you, but for me summer is all about achieving that healthy, natural summer glow. By using my top beauty faves, it's simple to create this affordable, desired 'no make up' look. The best part - It only takes ten minutes! 

When we hit the Spring/Summer months I don't like to spend too long on my make up unless it's for a special occasion. Heavy make up is a no go area for me. This is why I normally opt for a BB cream or Tinted moisturiser. First off let me introduce to you the  Benefit You Rebel Lite Tinted Moisturiser at £24.50. Great coverage, moisturising (of course) and SPF 15, all contained in this little beauty. Bare in mind it only comes in two shades. I like to apply it with what I call my 'holy grail' Real Techniques Buffing Brush
The second option is the Diorskin Nude BB Creme at £30, which I recently wrote a review on (click here!) This is more of a lightweight consistency than the Benefit You Rebel Lite and definitely a better option if you don't need much coverage (lucky you, if you are this person!). It contains SPF 10, which is great seeing we will be catching some rays soon! Well we hope...the UK is a bit bipolar at the moment! I will just quickly mention that there is another option that is currently on my wishlist! This is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser (£34). 

Today I chose to use the Diorskin Nude BB Creme. After applying this, I then went in with my Touche Eclat highlighter pen (£25). Perfect to conceal dark circles and highlight your best features. If I have any blemishes which today I did, I just pop on my Benefit Boi-ing Concealer just to give that extra bit of coverage. For bronzing, I've been using Soap and Glory's Solar Powder. The small price tag at £11 makes this a must buy for summer. It contains two shades of bronzer which can easily be applied together or separately depending on what brush you use. I tend to use the Real Techniques Detailer Brush first and then blend in with the Contour Brush.

As this look is all about that summer glow, it's time for a rosy blusher. I'm in love with Love at First Blush by Soap and Glory (£11). This is a highlighter and blusher all in one. Swirl your brush in the metallic shimmer pearls and apply to the apples of your cheeks. VoliĆ ! 

To finish the look, I like to apply a quick flick  Soap and Glory's mascara  and a setting gel through my brows. For lips, I'm loving the No7 High Shine Lip Crayon in Daydreamer. An extra step would be to add a spritz of Urban Decay's Make Up Setting Spray just to keep your make up in check throughout the day! 

I hope you enjoyed my first make up tutorial. Plenty more where that came from! CB x



Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.